Thursday, March 29, 2012

March Madness Part 2: MEGA MILLIONS

Well my March Madness pool has all but drained. Note to self for next year: screw allegiance.  Temple U? More like Temple Who? So that Cinderella story didn't work out...with my chances of winning the rather impressive pot worth a few hundred bucks languished, I have decided to go big or go home-I have moved on to what I have dubbed, March Madness Part 2, aka Mega Millions lottery.  The more impressive pot. Way more.

The Mega Millions pool is worth an estimated $500 Million.  Or basically in simpler terms-my paycheck times like a gazillion.  At $1 a ticket and your chance of dying by having a vending machine fall on top of you (no really I heard it on the radio on the way into work this morning) greater than your chance of winning, those are my kind of odds. Math and stats and probability were never my thing.

At my company, like thousands across Mega Million states, office pools are all the rage.  Everyone chips in a few bucks in effort to secure more tickets (aka chances of winning).  However, that dream can be a nightmare if you don't  follow these tips here.  You have been warned.  As I see it, you have 3 options:

1) Either pay $250/hr to a lawyer to draw up provisions for the $1 you put into an office pool for a lottery drawing where your odds of winning are estimated at about one in 176 million.  Again, no Math junkie here but...

2) Go it alone.  Walk your dollar and a dream (shout out to Biggie!) right past your co-workers cubes and out to the gas station...

OR

2) Take that $1 straight down the vending machine and get the $100,000 Bar.  Mega Tenth of a delicious Million right there! JUST BE CAREFUL!




-Jill


1 comment:

  1. I don't do office pools, who wants to share their money??? I got my tickets =)

    ReplyDelete