Monday, February 27, 2012

Cover Those Gray Walls

By: Lisa


This is one of a few entries that will include the inside of my cube. I realized that we spend the majority of our life staring at blank gray walls, or whatever color your cube might be they are boring and depressing. We are human beings and we are capable of expressing our interests in any way we feel, so why not spice up your cube and make it into whatever you want?

When I moved into this cube back in December my goal was to cover the walls immediately. My previous cube had these tiny walls where you could see the heads of each person around you, so I couldn’t do much but cover the walls with photos. The tall cube walls are nice because they offer some privacy, although it’s still not the luxury of an office where you can shut your door and go away for a while. Here, the wall is always open. So I decided to think of a way to make this my own place. I almost tried apartment wallpaper, but the sticky back layer would not stick to the fuzzy cube wall. My next thought was to spend a little more and get fabric. I didn’t want to go too bold for fear of giving myself a headache, so I found a light green fabric with large cream colored flowers. It’s busy, but it doesn’t scream migraine. As all our readers will find I am a huge old movie fan, so when it came to deciding what I would frame in my cube it certainly included Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, William Powell and Rita Hayworth. I bought three white frames from IKEA for $15 each and put classic movie posters inside.
Marshalls is also an excellent store to find unique frames so I bought a couple different colors and put some family photos inside.

Soon I will be covering the rest of the walls with probably a light cream color to get rid of this gray. Like I said before, it’s a slow process, but it is fun and makes coming to work so much better. Stay tuned to more updates and changes from inside Lisa’s cube.


1 comment:

  1. You have inspired me. I have a framed poster of Humphrey Bogart from "The African Queen" cracking open a case of Gordon's Gin. Until now it has hung in the den at home, but I think it's just the thing to liven the mood in my cube (that AND some actual Gordon's Gin).

    ReplyDelete